Choosing to purchase a hearing aid is an important decision for your health and well being. And, because the cost of today’s advanced hearing aids ranges from $1,500 to $3,500, purchasing one is not an everyday, run down to the store kind of errand. Ask yourself and the retailer the following questions to make an informed purchase:
- What features will be most useful to me? Hearing aids have different functionalities and some are worn differently – over the ear, in the ear, etc. Determine what features make the most sense for you and what you can do without.
- What is the total cost of the hearing aid? Make sure you can afford the hearing aid you want or have a payment plan in place.
- What kind of warranties come with the hearing aid? Does the warranty cover future maintenance and repair?
- Does the retailer or manufacturer provide loaner aids if the hearing aid needs to be repaired?
- What kind of assistive devices can be used with this hearing aid?
For more information about shopping for hearing devices or for assistance with making life more comfortable at home, contact the home care professionals at A Nurse in the Family in Santa Fe at 505-954-1435.